Reasons to be Proud that you’re single
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
What Is Chinese Singles’ Day?
On November 11th, many people will come together to celebrate the day of anti-romance. The history of the day goes back to 1993, which may be further back than you expect. Of course, the day really didn’t begin to gain traction until the age of the Internet. Initially, Chinese Singles’ Day was celebrated primarily by young bachelors, but it is now a holiday men and women are on board with. The festival is especially prevalent among college-aged singles.
How Do I Celebrate Chinese Singles’ Day?
Single’s Day encourages people to spend time with other single friends. Many celebrate in groups by having parties in which people set up their friends with each other. Essentially, this holiday is about online shopping. So many promotions take place on this holiday, so it makes sense to shop for your next date outfit or just a treat for yourself. Are you looking for more reasons to be happy that you are single besides this popular festival? Here are a few additional:
Why Should You Be Proud to Be Single?
1. You can flirt with other single people with the hope that there is something between the two of you. You never know where a conversation with somebody you meet while you’re out will go, and all the freedom is there.
2. Are you making dinner? You can eat whatever (and however much) you want! There’s no argument about what to cook. You are in total control of your diet.
3. Need some alone time? It’s always there for you when you are single. You don’t have to leave your house to have some solitary space, and you don’t have to wait for your loved one to go. You can relax anytime.
4. You are in control of movies and television that you watch. You don’t have to share the remote or ask for anybody else’s input about what to watch on TV. Want to go to the movies? You can choose the film you enjoy — and all the popcorn is for you.
5. You have more time to focus on your skills, hobbies, and interests. You have so much more time to develop as a person before you begin putting your effort into a relationship.
6. As a single person, you are in charge of your finances. You don’t have to ask somebody if you can spend money. It is all yours to spend.
7. Being single allows you to find fulfilling relationships elsewhere. You can build relationships with your family members and friends, growing with them rather than focusing all your efforts on romance.
8. Dating apps have come so far in the recent years. You will have the opportunity to try them out for yourself before tying yourself down in a relationship.
9. Being single gives you the opportunity to get to know yourself better. What is that you really want to do with your life? You can figure it out in the meantime.
10. You won’t have to have those serious relationship talks while you are single. You don’t have to worry about issues like cheating or feel concerned that perhaps your partner just isn’t that into you.
11. In being single, you are not so worried about all the drama that comes with a relationship. There’s no fighting.
12. Now is the perfect time to take opportunities that come your way. You can travel anywhere in the world or choose to stay put. You can take a new job that moves you to a new city. It’s all in your hands.
The world still has so much in store for you. There is still so much time for you to find love. Enjoy the journey.
There are so many ways to treat yourself even if you are single. Who says that somebody else has to buy gifts for you? So this year, celebrate the fact that you are alone rather than feeling sad about it. Think about celebrating with a special gift or with some friends and get out there!